Elvis ‘lil King’ Rankin
Currently 13 years old, Elvis was just 5 years old when he started racing in quarter midgets. At 9 years old he participated in his first dirt oval race – Jr. Sprint at Tulsa Shootout and started racing Bandalero’s on a road course in Las Vegas. At 10, lil’ King moved to full sized HPD midgets on pavement and dirt ovals. At 11 years old it was Legend cars on road course and jr. late models on asphalt short track ovals. Next, it was open wheel formula cars on road courses with Lucas Oil School of Racing – placed 4th overall in the 2019 scholarship shootout at age 12. Elvis started sim racing at age 7. In July of 2020 he participated in his first official iRacing Special Event, the 24hrs of Spa. He is now currently participating in iRacing leagues – NASCAR Trucks, Global Mazda MX5 and a sports car series in a Porsche 911 GT4.
Orion welcomes the young phenom who brings both youth and excitement to the team. We are happy to have him onboard and look forward to the opportunity of helping him mold his sim racing career in all facets!
Elvis is a driver development iRacing instructor and some of his accomplishments include:
- 6+ years of sim racing experience, iRacing and rFactor2
- MX-5 League Champion 2019 – XtremeMotorsports99
- iRacing success on oval (pavement and dirt) and road course racing.
Real Racing Experience:
- National touring race car driver
- 8+ years of real track race car driving experience
- Pavement and Dirt Oval Tracks: Late Model, HPD Midget, Junior Sprint, Quarter Midget
- Road Course Racing: Formula Car, Legend Car, Bandelero
Awards, Titles, and Designations: Real Track Racing
- 2019 Cooper Tires Scholarship Shootout 4th Place
- 2019 Jr. Late Model Challenge Camp 4th Place
- 2018 USAC Western Midget Rookie of the Year
- 2018 Harvest Classic Midget Feature Winner
- 2018 INEX World Finals Bandit Champion
Road Course – Bandolero
- 2018 Silver State Road Course Bandit Champion, Bandolero
- 2016 QMA Western Grands Champion
- 2016 USAC.25 Jr. Honda National Champion
- 4 time USAC.25 National Feature Winner
- RMQMA 2015 Jr. Champion in all 3 junior classes
- More than 50+ career feature wins
Virtual Racing League Success:
- 2019 XtremeMotorsports99, Ricmotech SportsCar Series Open Class Champion
- XtremeMotorsports99 Ricmotech Road Course and NASCAR Truck Series: multi time winner, 2019 – 2020 Mazda MX-5, Porsche GT4, Ferrari GT3 and Toyota Tundra Truck
Getting to know Elvis:
- Sim Racing has been the foundation from which Elvis has built his successful racing career.
- Elvis wants to live in a world where allergies don’t exist and everyday is race day.
- He also spends anytime he can when not at the race track on his racing simulator.
- Elvis inspires others to live their DREAM and never give up, persevere no matter what.
- Described by most as “uber competitive” and “wildly outgoing” it’s no coincidence he has gathered amazing friends and fans all across the US.
- When he doesn’t have a steering wheel in his hands you can find him eating his favorite food BACON, using his masterful degree in negotiating to get out of homeschooling with his mom to play arcade or video games, satisfying his passion for thrill and adventure riding roller coasters, indoor rock climbing or shredding it up on his snowboard.
- He attributes much of his success to his gifts of Celiac disease and Dyslexia.